TEST AREA. Always test on a small inconspicuous area, to ensure that the product is achieving the desired result, prior to application over the entire area. Will leave a gloss ﬁnish but this will vary upon porosity, texture and application techniques.
Surface preparation is important. All surfaces should be completely dry and free from grease, grime, dust and other contaminants prior to the application of Slate Sealer. Clean by using Tileguard Tile & Grout Cleaner. Rinse thoroughly with water after cleaning.
- Stir well before use, DO NOT SHAKE. Use a 25mm broad timber or metal paddle and stir with a lifting motion to incorporate the entire product.
- Apply one coat of Slate Sealer as an initial sealer coat and allow drying for four to six hours. Apply a ﬁnal coat of Slate Sealer to the entire surface.
- Apply Slate Sealer with a good quality paintbrush, applicator pad or spray.
- Slate Sealer will make some surfaces slippery.
- No sanding is necessary prior to re-coating. Simply apply another coat of Slate Sealer when you want to restore lustre.
- Do not apply if the temperature is below 10ºC or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
3. Drying Time
Slate Sealer will be touch-dry in 2 hours. Drying times are a guide only. Longer drying times may be required in cooler or humid conditions.
Allow drying for as long as possible before full use, light foot traﬃc is permissible after 4-6 hours depending on the weather conditions at the time. Allow at least 48 hours before allowing heavy foot traﬃc. Optimum coating properties after 7 days.
Approximately 10 square metres per litre on high-density surfaces and 4-5 square metres on highly porous surfaces.
Clean all equipment promptly with warm water and a little detergent followed by a fresh water rinse. Do not pour contents or washing down drains or sinks. Dispose of as per your council regulations.
It is recommended that normal personal protective clothing should be worn, including coveralls, impervious gloves and gog- gles. Avoid unnecessary skin contact and inhalation. Use a suitable respirator if spray application is employed. If swallowed, contact a doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26. Give a glass of water to drink and do not induce vomiting.